Careers - Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/PERSONAL ASSISTANT
We are currently looking for a Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant to join our small administrative team. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in working as an Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant in a non-traditional, fun environment.
As an Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant, you will be providing support to two of our women partners, our President and our Chief Creative Officer.
We are all currently working a hybrid schedule. We work from home on Mondays and Fridays and then are in our downtown San Francisco office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The right candidate will be able to come into the office those three days.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedule and manage demanding Outlook calendars, prioritize & resolve schedule conflicts, handle scheduling challenges arising from urgent requests
- Making all travel arrangements, domestic and international
- Includes personal family travel, researching destinations and utilizing points
- Tracking arrivals and being problem solving transit woes as needed
- Setting up client meetings and internal meetings. This includes arranging the place, food, etc.
- Planning and coordinating team and department off-site meetings
- Completing expense reports and credit card reconciliation
- Keeping records and track of FSA reimbursements, resolving medical bills, submitting “Out of Network” expense requests to insurance, maintaining and tracking partner expenses
- Keeping records of medical expenses/child expenses for taxes
- Manage special projects for and with department heads
- Handle confidential information and be discreet
- Thrive and enjoy being in a creative, deadline-driven and fluid environment
- Be flexible to the ever-changing schedules and needs of those you are supporting
- Be proactive, anticipate needs, and be responsive. You understand the ins and outs of those people you are supporting (knowing when something is urgent or can wait, how they like to travel, etc.) and let them know about their day, expenses, travel, etc. before they ask
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and time management
- Clear communication in person, over the phone, via email or text
- Must be resourceful and have the desire and ability to solve problems of any size or magnitude
- Ability to properly manage time and priorities.
- Eagerness to learn about the advertising world
- Able to collaborate with other members of the admin team
- Excellent customer service
- Approachable and empathetic
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Comfortable doing personal assistant tasks
- Great sense of humor 🤓
- Prior Administrative experience - preferably as an Executive Assistant
- High level of proficiency in all basic office programs (we work on Macs)
- Valid Driver’s License
Regarding compensation for this role, the range below represent the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as a full-time employee of Goodby, Silverstein & Partners in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant salary range: $70,000-$110,000
If you possess the skills we are looking for and the desire to work in a fun, creative environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Career Office Hours
Career – office hours—for “noncreative”* candidates
Trying to get a job in advertising? Maybe we can help. Questions about your résumé? Ask us. Wondering about your LinkedIn profile? We have a point of view. Bored by your cover letter? We can help. Concerned about interviewing? Let us give you some advice.
We are Leslie Bee and Dynasty Williams. Together we support talent recruitment at GS&P for most of the noncreative roles. We created these office hours as a way to help you get answers to your career questions.
Please join us for our next office-hours session on Tuesday, January 9th, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. (PST).
This session is geared to those who are just starting out. If you are currently a college student, a recent college graduate and/or trying to break into advertising, we hope you will reach out. (If you are a junior creative, these sessions really aren’t geared to you. We are sorry.)
To join, please click the "apply" button below and submit 2-3 questions you'd like us to try to answer during the session. Typically, we send the meeting invite a day or two before the session. (Don’t worry if you don’t hear from us until right before the session—we will get back to you.)
We look forward to helping you.
Leslie Bee and Dynasty Williams
*We use this term to refer to roles not typically found in the Creative Department (Art Director, Copywriter, Designer). Everyone at the agency is creative. :)